Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hybrid Icing

The annual GM meeting was a few days ago.  One of the main things they talked about was the "Hybrid Icing".  It sounds like an interesting idea.  If it would prevent injuries, I'd be all for it.  I'm excited to see this rule put in place.  If you want to read more about it, here's an article on it: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=622058

Here I give you a Blue Jackets jersey.















The striping on the arms and the triangles on the side panels are based off the flag of Ohio.

2 comments:

rylen said...

Another idea for the next NHL season is if the icing was not accidental the linesmen will not allow a line change so that players can't "cheat" a line change. This rule is already being used in the WHL,OHL,QMJHL. I think its a good idea, your thoughts

Elias R. said...

I think that is a good idea, but there are already a lot of judgement calls, and if they make it too complicated it'll start to get messed up.